Thursday, November 5, 2009

Statistics for Justmeans Climate Change Editorial




Just for fun I decided I'll keep a log of what it takes to be the Climate Change Editor of Justmeans.com for the three weeks of October 2009.

In no particular order:

• PDFs Processed - 53
• Separate Articles read from RSS feeds - 38
• PDFs Unprocessed - 22
• Posts Published- 12
• Post ideas - 65

I've learned a lot along the way and am getting into a nice stride. I am starting a series on Climate Change Policy, and the hope is to get an understanding of what each country stands to gain in a climate agreement and their particular path. For example, China and India will use coal to develop because it is abundant in their borders; the US stands to gain more if they act sooner than later; and Africa and Latin America stand to lose the most. I also hope to find the best ways for each country to mitigate climate change.

Ultimately, my goal for this blog is to help Justmeans to be recognized as a great place to gather important and educated people with an understanding that you don't have to be an expert to be great at helping a great cause- be it social good, climate change, or the environment. I figure I will always be a writer to some extent, but I know writing isn't going to be a profession. I want an assortment of experiences to write about not just experiences in writing. So, I have just completed step 1 of Stephen Covey's 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Begin with the End in Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment